- Category 1: Abrasives
- Category 2: Sanding Discs
3Mâ„¢ Cubitronâ„¢ II Fibre Disc 982C slices through carbon steel with 3M Precision Shaped Grain and generates up to twice the cut-rate, durability, and life of other fiber discsâ€”all with less grinding pressure. That means less operator fatigue, faster throughput, and more parts per disc when tackling high pressure grinding applications such as medium to heavy-duty stock removal.
- 3M Precision Shaped Grain maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- Disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Triangular shaped ceramic grain lasts up to two times longer than other ceramic abrasivesâ€”it wears evenly, runs cool, and optimizes mineral breakdown
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding and beveling